Thursday, April 22, 2010

Waiting for a Cure

We dropped in again this morning, mainly because I wanted to see our slab with my very own eyes, plus I wanted to take some photos with the morning sun behind us instead of the setting sun in our eyes.

Anyway, if you want to see what a 1 day old slab looks like, curing itself in the early morning sun, then scroll down for some more fascinating photos.

Also, true to form, our builder emailed us their Invoice for our 1st progress payment this morning; less than 24 hours after they'd finished pouring the slab.

So, I rang Westpac when I got to work and arranged payment.  But, given all the problems we've had with them so far, I can't imagine payment will go smoothly; especially since the Invoice is a couple of hundred dollars less than what was on the building contract (heaven forbid).  Knowing Westpac they'll probably want to send a valuer out to re-value the house and then cancel our loan and want us to do up a whole new loan, which will take 4-6 weeks - just because the Invoice doesn't match the contract to the exact cent.



Our Dining Room on the left, our Lounge Room on the right and the Alfresco in the middle


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I saw you there this morning but you didnt see me.Too busy staring at your slab. The roofers next door waved to me though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I saw your car there when I drove up and I intended to pop by after I'd finished taking photos, but, your car was gone by then - I assumed you had to go and drop your little one off at JPPS.

    ReplyDelete