Anyway, I forgot to mention that yesterday I ran into our Site Manager, Mr. T, for the first time by accident when I was down taking photos and measurements of the trenches. After introducing myself, he promptly put a chain and padlock on the gate - we were expecting this sooner and were surprised it had taken so long :-(
Nevertheless, Mr. T seems like a good chap. Apparently, the frames are due to arrive on Tues, and the bricks will arrive about 2 weeks after that. We got talking about access to our battleaxe, getting the cranes in and our neighbour's (Mrs. R's) house, which is a single-storey.
Coincidentally, her block was scraped, her piers went it and the early stages of slab form-work went up today - the day after I cautioned Mr. T about parking his machinery on her block as she must be about to start construction very soon. How's that for a predication - maybe I should give up my day job and invest in a crystal ball.
Anyway, back to yesterday and Mr. T... when we got talking about our neighbour's house, he boasted that he could put-up one and a half two-storey houses in the same time it took a very popular Sydney builder to put-up just 1 single-storey house. As such, he predicted that he'd be completed ours in 4-5 months, weather permitting.
As luck would have it, I'd just signed an extension on our lease until the end of Oct about an hourly before I ran into Mr. T. - if only I'd run into him a day earlier then maybe I would've only extended our lease to the end of Sept (maybe I shouldn't get that crystal ball after all).
Also, I took the opportunity to ask Mr. T about something that had been bothering me for a few weeks now; which was that I hadn't seen anywhere on the plans where they were going to put the Hot Water System and the Air Condition Compressor. Mr T. checked his copy of our site file and couldn't find them mentioned either, so he rang his head-office and asked someone there to look into it. My point being that we didn't want them where they were on the Caprice display home, which was behind the Garage, as this was going to be our lovely "Courtyard" outside our large Dining Room window.
Anyway, the good news is that Mr. T rang me back this arvo and confirmed that they would be putting the HWS on the right-hand side of our Kitchen window and the ACC on the left-hand side, or was it the other way around? Either way, they'll both be on the Southern side of the house, well out of the way. Yipee, a small win for sensibility.
Abracadabra... no more plumbing trenches or mounds of dirt
Southern-side, ex trenches
What we need now is a good (but brief) rain shower



No comments:
Post a Comment