Friday, May 7, 2010

First Floor Frames

We popped in again this arvo to see if anymore hardware had arrived and the first thing we noticed as we came up the driveway was the upstairs frames had been delivered and were neatly stacked on top of our Study.  I guess they're waiting for the rest of joists and flooring to be installed before they can start to lift these frames into place.

When we took a closer look around, we also noticed that all but 1 of the steel beams had been lifted into place, which means they must be getting close to finishing off the ground floor now.  I'm not sure where the remaining steel beam is supposed to go, it could be another Garage beam, or it could be another one for the rear Alfresco.  I guess we'll know soon enough.

We were also able to get a closer look at our windows that were delivered yesterday and see which room each one is supposed to fit into by reading the markings on the side.  Some of them look a lot bigger than we'd imagined them to be.  Cool.

Anyway, on the way back home from our block I got a call from the chap at our local Westpac branch with an update on our FHOG Boost.  He said the Boost form was posted back to us on 29 April by the MC because we need to apply directly with the OSR.  But, that can't be right as when I last spoke to the MC on 27 April, they said they would load the Boost application form for us (once they receive it from us) because they're an agent for the OSR, but, that we would need to apply directly with the OSR for a Boost extension.  Hence the reason why they posted the Boost extension paperwork back to us on 29 April, which I collected from our local Westpac branch on 30 April, and delivered in-person a couple of hours later to the OSR office in Parramatta.

So, I still don't have an answer to the question I started asking a week ago now - what's happened to our actual Boost application form that we sent to the MC on Fri, 23 April.  Did they receive it and haven't done anything with it, did they receive it and have it's been loaded but the chap from the local Westpac branch is getting his wires crossed, or did they loose it and not bother to tell us (even though I told the MC on 27 April that I'd sent in on 23 April so they were expecting it)?

So, the Boost saga continues...

First floor frames are delivered

So that's why they put up the joists and flooring above the Study yesterday

One Garage steel beam installed

The meccano set for the Alfresco (I like the fact they've used steel posts to support it)

A stack of windows (no doors)

Looking East across the Lounge Room and the Kitchen towards the Pantry (the front door is in the top left corner of the photo)

2 comments:

  1. I was in the street at about 11 today and saw your roof being delivered. Hopefully lots will be done by this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they've had a busy day today.

    Still don't know what that spare steel beam is for if they've used a timber one over the front of the Garage.

    ReplyDelete