Thursday, May 6, 2010

Beam Me Up

Mel popped in this arvo before picking up the girls from school and noticed that our steel beams and windows had certainly arrived.

It also seems the carpenters have started putting in some of the timber I-Beam joists for the ground floor ceiling and laying the "Orange Tongue" floorboards for our main Bedroom above the Study.

Hopefully, tomorrow they'll start assembling the meccano set over the rear of the house (for the Alfresco) so they can arrange for the first floor frames to be delivered.

Meanwhile, I had a call from the chap at our local Westpac branch late this afternoon, who'd been sent on a mission a couple of days ago by his branch manager to find out what the status of our FHOG Boost was.  Earlier in the week I'd received a call from the local branch manager who confirmed that their Mortgage Centre in Adelaide had received our original of the FHOG Boost form, which I'd sent through to them on Fri 23 April.  However, the local BM said the MC couldn't do anything with the Boost form until the 1st payment was made to the builder, but, as I pointed out, the 1st payment had already been made - so what's happening with the Boost?  Anyway, this chap from the local branch rings me this afternoon to say the Adelaide MC is waiting for an original signed form from us - he couldn't tell me exactly what form they were waiting on, but, we both assumed that they were referring to the Boost form.  So, I told him that I'd sent the original Boost form through to the MC 2 weeks ago via their internal mail, and earlier in the week his BM rang and told me the Adelaide MC had received the form.  So, what's going on - heaven knows this is only the 3rd attempt we've had at sending this Boost form through to Westpac.  Anyway, the chap rang me back again shortly after our 1st conversation to say the person handling our file in the MC had gone home and that he would need to follow it up again tomorrow.

What's to bet they've lost the Boost form and we'll have to re-do it for the 4th time.  I guess we'll know tomorrow (or will we)?

Positively beaming (left of frame)

Windows stacked along the back fence


Joists & flooring going up above our Study

2 comments:

  1. Looking Great maybe it will all be done by Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all depends on whether they can get those steel beams up tomorrow and when the 1st floor frames arrive. Fingers crossed we get at least the ground floor done by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete